Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wedding Hairstyles

Besides your smile, your hair is your best accessory! When perfectly framed for your face and body shape, it makes all the difference in the world to how you look.

Booking a hairdresser is usually one of the first things brides do. It is one of the most important aesthetic aspects of the wedding.

It is always important to have a hair trial before you book a hairdresser for your big day. I had my trial and it went great. However, after the hair trial, I decided to get a veil. On the day of the wedding, the hairdresser did not do my hair the same way as the trial and was very frustrated that I had decided to wear a veil. She did not know immediately how to amend my hair so that the veil would stay. She did it in the end, but it fell out soon after.

Another huge tip I want to share with you: Ask for extra hairspray and be adamant about it, especially if you will be outdoors at any moment. Again, I asked my hairdresser for extra hairspray and she refused, saying that it will be fine. Alas, during and after photos on the beach on my special day, my hair was an absolute mess. It unraveled and was unfixable. 

Although my hair was one of the biggest disappointments on the day, it didn't even matter to me during the entire day. I was too busy marrying the man I love and enjoying myself with my wonderful family and friends. Looking at the photos, I wish I had gone for a different hairdresser.

So here are some hairstyles you might get some inspiration from!



Here are some half up-half down hairstyles. As you can see, this hairstyle will flatter any body shape! You might also notice that curls and waves are more distinguishable for those with blonde hair, but it still looks good for us brunettes! 

Image source: bridalguide.com



Here is a beautiful loose wave hairstyle. My hair looked similar to this, but not as pretty! For all of you brunettes, it's best to get natural highlights to help distinguish the beautiful waves.


Image source: bridalguide.com




Here are some retro style hair styles. I love these! The way the curls are done on the right picture is what I had done with my hair for our wedding! I love that style. These are elegant and timeless, and will look gorgeous with any dress!

Image source: bridalguide.com



I looove this side ponytail style! Again, those curls on the left are very similar to what I had! This is glam and romantic mixed together! This may require hair extensions, though!

Image source: bridalguide.com


I've been seeing ballerina buns on many celebrities recently. At first I was unsure of them but I actually really love them! They are so classy but really fun! 

Image source: bridalguide.com


Braids are also popular these days. I love the romantic, loose braided look on the left picture and the almost rose-like braid on the right.

Image source: bridalguide.com



Finally, the most popular of bridal hairstyles: The Up-Do. Looking through pictures of brides, I notice that many choose the up-do but do not make sure that there is a style in the front as well. Sure, the guests see the back of your hair when you're getting married, but that's only for a half an hour. The professional pictures usually focus on your face and the side of you, so I do recommend making sure that you have some sort of noticeable style in the front when choosing an up-do for your big day.

Image source: bridalguide.com



Hopefully these have given you an idea of what you want for your special day! Which hair style will you be choosing?

2 comments:

  1. WoW! They're all gorgeous, but my favorite's the one with the garland of flowers. Love the blog, Sue X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wedding style ideas. We love!

    ReplyDelete